- Information Technology
The City of Grapevine Department of Information Technology provides for the sustained, efficient, and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure, and telecommunications to enhance technology delivery to the City's residents, businesses, employees, and visitors.
As the City’s technology leader we are responsible for maintaining the core IT infrastructure and systems that touch every aspect of city life—from public safety to human services, education to economic development—crossing the full spectrum of governmental operations. It is the mission of Our Department to:
- Enhance and Improve Services to offer more advanced and timely technology implementations and streamline processes.
- Work to Expand Our Strategic Role with other Federal, State, and Local agencies to be more aligned with their needs.
- Invest in Human Capital to cultivate and diversify the City of Grapevine’s talent resources to best deliver IT services.
- Provide Robust Infrastructure to protect the City’s technology, telecommunications, and information assets and maintain service operations.
- Optimize Citywide Technology Administration to improve IT procurement options and vendor accountability and save the City cost and time.
- Facilitate Greater Access to Technology to engage all Citizens and expand technology to underserved communities.
Project Management Office (PMO)
The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department utilizes a project management methodology to deliver projects and priorities of all departments and our elected officials. Our project management team is PMP Certified by industry leading project management institutes and utilizes PMP principles and guidelines. Standards and architectures are reviewed and approved through an Information Technology Steering Committee known as the GTG (Grapevine Technology Group), which includes representation from all Executive Team members from City departments.
Grapevine Technology Group (GTG)
The Grapevine Technology Group (GTG) oversees the City's Information Technology projects and investments. The Chief Technology Officer serves as a primary adviser to the Committee which is made up of City Department Heads and the City Manager’s Office. This oversight includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing proposals for significant IT infrastructure investments in the City with a goal of achieving standardization and economies of scale.
- Reviewing proposals for significant IT systems projects in the City, including project plans, goals, and impacts.
- Reviewing significant initiatives related to IT services in the City.
Strategic PlanThe City of Grapevine Information Technology Department delivers foundational information technology, infrastructure, and telecommunications services and enables access to technology for City residents, businesses, and visitors. The Information Technology Strategic Plan outlines the City's approach to advancing these services and how the City government leverages technology to be more responsive, accessible, and efficient.
The plan articulates the agency’s top goals and initiatives as determined by the Chief Technology Officer. The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department continues to prioritize high standards of quality across its services and across the agency.