- How Do I...
- Use the Library
- Policies & Procedures
- Borrowing Policies
For circulation assistance, please call 817-410-3400 or email us.
GRAPEVINE PUBLIC LIBRARY BORROWING POLICY
1. City of Grapevine residents, City of Grapevine employees, Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District employees, and City of Grapevine property owners qualify for a free library card. All other persons will be charged an annual $25.00 non-resident fee.
2. Membership is obtained by filling out an application, acknowledgement of library policies, agreeing to pay for loss or damage to library materials, and agreeing to give notice of any change in address or telephone number.
3. Information needed to register for a library card includes: address; phone numbers; e-mail address; place of business; proof of address or property ownership (TXDL, utility bill, or property tax statement); Texas driver’s license number; and date of birth. Minors require signature of one parent and their parent’s Texas driver’s license number and date of birth. City of Grapevine and GCISD employees must show badge and/or pay stub to verify current employment.
4. Library cards for recognized employee groups are for a term of three years. Library cards for City of Grapevine residents and property owners are for a term of five years. Other non-resident card holders must renew their cards annually.
5. Each person who is currently registered with the library will receive a Grapevine Public Library card to use each time they borrow library materials. Borrower will be responsible for any items that are checked out to their Grapevine Public Library card. The library should be notified immediately if a card is lost or stolen. All card holders must update their card when notified by library staff to ensure card is officially renewed and service uninterrupted. Staff will ask for proof of address and identity as they did when originally signing up for a library card.
6. Checkout limits are at the discretion of library administration. The Library’s goal is to make sure Library materials are circulating and receiving their highest and best use.
7. Books, Books on CD, DVDs, and CDs may be borrowed for a period of three weeks, and the borrower may renew items four times if they have not been requested by another patron. The library will not be responsible for any damage incurred to personal property while using GPL media items.
8. After notification by email or phone, “Reserved Books” will be held for five days.
9. Borrowers who have not paid for loss or damage to library items, and have charges of $15 or more, will not be allowed to check out materials until their account is in good standing with a balance of $14.99 or less.
10. Borrowers will receive a notification in the mail if any item is long overdue and assumed lost. Borrowers are encouraged to call the Library in regards to any such items. The Library must follow up on all such items that are not returned as per Grapevine City Code. The Library, therefore, takes every precaution to ensure these notices are sent in a timely manner. The Library does not assess extended use fees.
11. Library hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Holiday closings will be posted.